Prenuptial & Postnuptial Agreements
Birmingham Prenuptial Agreement Attorneys
Serving Jefferson County, Walker County & Alabama
Today many marriages are made up of blended families, combining children from previous marriages. Other marriages are between people with substantial means and assets. Couples may find it worthwhile to meet with a qualified prenuptial / postnuptial lawyer to outline future rights and responsibilities – in particular, which assets and debts belong to whom.
Prenuptial Agreements Can Resolve
- What each side’s debts and assets are
- Which assets will be owned exclusively by which family members
- How future assets will be divided among children from previous marriages
- Who is responsible for debts incurred prior to the marriage
- Who is responsible for future costs of children, including college
- Which finances and assets are to be kept separate, out of the marriage
- How will money be managed in the new family
- Who will pay the bills
- Who will file tax returns
Prenuptial Agreements Can Help Avoid Disagreements Later
The best time to come to an understanding is always at the beginning of a partnership.
Prenuptial and Postnuptial Agreements Are Effective
If you should fail to create a prenuptial agreement before the wedding, all is not lost. Agreements can still be made at any time after the marriage is underway. Again, the two spouses seek to clarify their rights and obligations in the event of a split. Property division and spousal maintenance are often times the focuses of postnuptial agreements.
Contact A Prenuptial Agreement Attorney
Do you need the help of a prenuptial or postnuptial lawyer? Make sure that you speak with an experienced attorney. Attorney Forrester can ensure that your rights are upheld and that your agreements are legally sound. Learn more about your rights and options by contacting Forrester Law, LLC, at 205-521-0011 for a free consultation. Based in Birmingham, the firm also maintains an office in Jasper. Mr. Forrester handles legal matters throughout Jefferson County and the surrounding areas.